When establishing OFFENSIVE, an important criteria was to use fabric that is comfortable, long lasting and safe to wear.
Personal health issues raised our awareness of environmental toxins, their negative impact on health as well as the environment.
To avoid this – and ensure the well-being of our community and environment – we select and use fabric certified with the Standard 100 OEKO-TEX®.
OEKO-TEK is an independent organisation. It tests fabric for harmful chemicals, ensuring the article is harmless to our health and environment.
- Some chemicals are known – or suspected to cause: skin irritation, allergy, cancer, damage to the nervous system, internal organs and reproductive systems.
- OEKO-TEK tests for these chemicals.
- The OEKO-TEX certification process ensures the fabric is free from these chemicals and maximises consumer safety.
- These tests take into account numerous regulated and non-regulated substances, which may be harmful to human health.
- The certification gives us – the designers – and you – the consumer, the garment is both Safe and sustainable choices in production and purchase are made much easier for us all
- These standards often go beyond national and international requirements, for your better protection.
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- This certification is one of the world’s best-known labels for textiles
- It tests for harmful substances and provides us with confidence the fabric used has a high product safety, giving us confidence it’s safe to wear.
By producing our garments with these certified fabrics, we’re doing our bit to protect you and the environment.
When buying our products, you’re doing the same!
OFFENSIVE – together we’re on it!